Ipso Fatto Instant Photo: Strawberries and Cream Chiffon Cake

My nephew Josh specifically requested a vanilla cake with strawberries for his birthday last month, and it just so happened that while I was trying to select a cake recipe, Joanne Chang was featuring the Strawberries and Cream Chiffon Cake from Pastry Love in Week 11 of her "Flour Love" Instagram bakealong series. I kept seeing beautiful pictures of the cake on Instagram, so I decided I had to jump on the bandwagon. 

I didn't get a chance to taste this cake, because I simply dropped it off with Josh. It has two layers of vanilla chiffon cake that are soaked with vanilla syrup, and filled and frosted with sweetened whipped cream. There is a layer of sliced macerated strawberries between the two cake layers, as well as piled on top of the cake.
I thought this cake was beautiful, and even though I didn't get a chance to taste the finished product, I'm pretty confident that it tasted as good as it looked. I hope I get a chance to make this cake again soon!

Recipe: "Strawberries and Cream Chiffon Cake" from Pastry Love by Joanne Chang.

Previous Birthday Cakes for Josh:

Comments

Louise said…
That's a beautiful cake.