Less a S'more, More a Chocolate Chip Cookie: S'mores Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Because I usually have graham crackers on hand, I keep an eye out for recipes that include them as an ingredient. That's why I decided to try the S'mores Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Bake from Scratch. This recipe is quick and easy. You beat softened butter with sugar and dark brown sugar until fluffy; add eggs and vanilla; mix in flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt; and stir in chocolate chunks and miniature marshmallow bits (the dry, tiny marshmallows like the ones you find in cereal or a packet of instant hot cocoa mix -- not the soft and squishy kind that you use in a Rice Krispies treat). I used a #24 scoop to portion out the dough and got 32 cookies from a batch.
 
The final cookies were fairly flat, with nice cracked tops. I loved them. They were essentially just chocolate chip cookies -- I couldn't taste the graham cracker at all, and the marshmallows added a touch of vanilla-y sweetness that was detectable as a distinct flavor but still subtle. But as far as chocolate chip cookies go, they were delicious. There was a good amount of chocolate in them, and the dough had a rich caramel-y flavor. The cookies also kept well for a few days. So while I wouldn't say that these cookies do a great job of evoking the flavor of a s'more, they do a great job of satisfying the desire for a good chocolate chip cookie.

Recipe: "S'mores Chocolate Chunk Cookies" from Bake from Scratch.

Comments

Louise said…
These will be baked this week. I have a jar of Kraft Mallow Bits that I don't know why I bought, but this looks like an excellent use.