I Wish I Could Tell You More About This Delicious Cake: Caramelised Apple Cake with Streusel Topping

I had some nice Stayman-Winesap apples on hand just waiting for a baking project, so I decided to make a recipe for "Caramelised Apple Cake with Streusel Topping" from BBC Good Food. It's a lightly-spiced cake with caramelized apples, topped with cinnamon streusel and hazelnuts.

To make the cake batter, you cream butter and brown sugar until light and creamy (the recipe calls for light brown muscovado, but I just used light brown sugar); add eggs and vanilla; alternately add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and cinnamon) and milk; and stir in apples that have been cooked with butter and brown sugar until the sauce is a nice caramel. I poured the batter into a parchment-linted 8-inch pan; topped it with streusel (made from flour, turbinado sugar, cinnamon, cold butter, and chopped hazelnuts); sprinkled on more turbinado sugar and hazelnuts; and put the cake in the oven to bake.
I didn't have any problem getting the cake out of the pan even though I used a regular cake pan and not a springform pan. I wish that I could tell you more about this cake, but unfortunately I made it a while ago and don't recall much about it specifically, except for the fact that I loved the streusel and that I couldn't taste any caramel flavor in the apples (yeah, I need to catch up on my blogging so that I'm not writing about baked goods I made many weeks ago).  However, I remember that I enjoyed it tremendously.

Perhaps the only important thing for me to remember about this cake is that it was delicious!

Recipe: "Caramelised Apple Cake with Streusel Topping" from BBC Good Food.
asdfasf

Comments