Baked Sunday Mornings: Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cookies

This week's Baked Sunday Mornings recipe is the "Nutella Chip Cookies" from Baked Occasions. It was actually the first recipe I tried from the cookbook after I got a physical copy; my previous blog post about the cookies is here (short version: I loved them). So I decided to go rogue, as our baking group says, and make a different cookie this week -- the "Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cookies" that are part of the cookbook's 12 Days of Cookies. I still have some BOO-tterscotch M&M's from Halloween so I had all of the necessary ingredients on hand.

This is an easy recipe. You beat softened butter with smooth peanut butter; add sugar and dark brown sugar; add egg and vanilla; add all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt); and stir in the BOO-tterscotch M&M's. You can use the dough immediately. I used a #24 scoop to scoop out the dough (getting 19 cookies from a batch) and baked them for 13.5 minutes, until they were light brown around the edges. The recipe says you can sprinkle sea salt on top of the cookies halfway through baking, but that seemed like a bit of a fuss, so I skipped it.
These were nice-looking cookies with attractive cracked tops and bits of M&M's peeking out on top. They tasted terrific, too, with a strong peanut butter flavor and lovely chewy texture that wasn't dry at all. The M&M's were sweet, but not too much -- I can see why a sprinkle of salt on top would be a good addition. But even without the extra salt, I thought these were wonderful cookies, especially in light of how little effort they require.

Recipe: "Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cookies" from Baked Occasions by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito.

Previous Posts:

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooooh, I can't wait to try these! :-D
Unknown said…
Peanut butter and and butterscotch---- yum..!!
Pinar said…
Yum looks absolutely delicious!