Baked Sunday Mornings: Orange Pancakes with Honey Butter

The guys from Baked like pancakes. Our Baked Sunday Mornings group has already made the Lacy Panty Cakes from Baked Elements and the Cornmeal Griddle Cakes from Baked Explorations. This week, the Orange Pancakes with Honey Butter from Baked Occasions were on the schedule.

The recipe is pretty straightforward. To make the pancake batter, you combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt); make a well in the middle; pour in the wet ingredients (Greek yogurt, orange juice, buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, sugar, and orange zest); and stir to combine. You cook the pancakes in a buttered skillet. I halved the recipe and got five decently-sized pancakes that we ate with honey butter (softened butter beaten with honey). The pancakes might look huge in the photo below, but that's a dessert plate and not a dinner plate in the picture.
Tom and I thought that these pancakes were delicious. The orange flavor was so clear and refreshing, and the pancakes were buttery and tender, with a nice crispy crust (yeah, maybe I should have turned down the heat on the stove a bit). And the honey butter was the perfect accompaniment; no syrup was necessary. I would need to taste these side-by-side against the lacy panty cakes to see which ones I like better. I generally think pancakes are pretty boring, but these were a real delight.

Recipe: "Orange Pancakes with Honey Butter" from Baked Occasions by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, recipe available here at Baked Sunday Mornings.

Previous Posts:

Comments

Anonymous said…
They look delicious! I have the same problem-- my pancakes always come out too dark. But still, that did not stop us from gobbling them up. And yes, that orange flavor is so lovely! :)
Robyn said…
I LOVE a crispy crust on a pancake! If I ever have pancake leftovers, I freeze them, then stick them in the toaster when I want to eat them. Brings those crispy edges right back!