A Peanut Payday: Spanish Peanut Cookies

When I noticed a can of Spanish peanuts in the cupboard, I decided to find a recipe to put them to use. After a little Googling, I decided to try a recipe from Land O' Lakes for Spanish Peanut Cookies. It's a simple recipe with only eight ingredients. To make the dough, you cream together softened butter, shortening, and brown sugar; add eggs and vanilla; incorporate flour and baking soda; and stir in Spanish peanuts.

You can bake the cookies immediately. Unfortunately, I can't find the notes I took on this recipe, and I don't remember what size scoop I used -- but I got 36 cookies from the batch and my guess is that I probably used a #24 or #30.
My monochromatic cookies didn't look as nice as the ones pictured on the Land O' Lakes website because my peanuts were not clearly exposed -- although you could make out a bit of the red skin of the nuts through the dough on top. They looked pretty meh, but they tasted fantastic. They were very candy-like and reminded me of a PayDay candy bar -- with rich caramel flavor and a very satisfying peanut crunch. So peanutty. So delicious! I loved these cookies.

Recipe: "Spanish Peanut Cookies" from Land O' Lakes.

Comments

Louise said…
I'll have to remember this cookie as I just bought Spanish peanuts for "Ode to the Chunky Bar" from Cookie Love.
Isla said…
These sound fantastic! Somewhere along the line, I became a baking "snob." You forget there are some great recipes out there. I look forward to trying this.
I want to make the Chunky Bar cookie too... But I just bought some Beer Nuts to make the Peanut Butter Thumbprints with Strawberry Lambic Jam!
Ha -- I'm the exact same way! :)