Baked Sunday Mornings: Banana Whoopie Pies

I didn't have time to make Banana Whoopie Pies this week for Baked Sunday Mornings. Fortunately, I made the whoopie pies a couple of years ago, I so I can redirect people to my previous post on the recipe, which is here. But if you don't have time to read the other post, I can summarize it in this Haiku:

banana cake yum
Swiss meringue so buttery
whoopie pie sticky
Recipe: "Banana Whoopie Pies" from Baked Elements: Our 10 Favorite Ingredients, by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, recipe available here at Baked Sunday Mornings.

Previous Posts:

Comments

Louise said…
I grew up in an area where whoopie pies are abundant and I have never found them appealing. I guess there are just too many other good things for me to waste calories on whoopie pies.
Unknown said…
I agree with all the lines in your haiku! I loved how easy the banana cookies were. I cut the amount of butter in half for the filling - I found the last swiss meringue filling we made for the chocolate whoopie pies to be wayyyy too buttery (who knew there was such a thing!). And yes, the cookies were sticking to everything!
Chelly said…
Mine weren't overly sticky but they were just a tad on the sticky side. No doubt that these are yummy whoopie pies!
I love a haiku! Well done! Yep, they did get sticky, but definitely yummy! :)