Baked Sunday Mornings: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles

This week's Baked Sunday Mornings recipe is one that I have made numerous times during the past year: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles. I used to be devoted to Alice Medrich's snickerdoodle recipe in Cookies and Brownies -- until I tried this brown butter version of the cookie from Baked Elements. I haven't looked back since. 

I've blogged about this recipe before, so I'll refer readers to that previous post for more details on these cookies. But in short, the reasons I prefer this recipe to Alice Medrich's are because these cookies have a chewier texture and they are more attractive. I love their tan color, crackled tops and comfortable heft. And they are delicious! I imagine I will go back to Medrich's recipe from time to time when I'm in the mood for a crunchier cookie, but these brown butter snickerdoodles are my go-to snickerdoodles from now on!

Recipe: "Brown Butter Snickerdoodles" from Baked Elements: Our 10 Favorite Ingredients, by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, recipe available here at Baked Sunday Mornings.

Previous Posts:

Comments

Bourbonnatrix said…
I love chewy cookies! I had never even had a snickerdoodle before trying this one! Your cookies look so yummy!
Chelly said…
Beutiful as always! They are now my go-to recipe for snickerdoodles too!
Your cookies look great. These really are good cookies. I think they will be in my cookie rotation from now on. :)
We seem to have similar baking experiences rather often. :) I too *loved* these, and I will probably never make another snickerdoodle recipe ever again. Nice job-- they're gorgeous!
Anonymous said…
I love your photo, I want to dig into that bowl of cookies!