Ipso Fatto Instant Photo: The Peanut Butter-Peanut Butter Pretzel-Chocolate Chip Cookie

Last week Tom and I enjoyed a vacation with my brother and parents in Las Vegas (hence the lack of baking over the past week). We made a brief trip to the outlet mall, where I picked up a bag of peanut butter pretzels (little hollow pretzel pillows filled with peanut butter) at Harry and David. I decided to try using them in place of the skinny Rold Gold pretzels I normally use to make peanut butter pretzel chocolate chip cookies. I mixed the pretzels into the cookie batter whole but ended up crushing a few during mixing and scooping. The cookies were tasty, although not noticeably better than the result with regular pretzels -- which are a whole heck of a lot cheaper. So next time, I'll stick with the supermarket variety!

Recipe: "Peanut Butter and Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies" by Sarah Croake.
Previous Post
: "A Prize-Winning Peanut Butter Pretzel Treat," August 27, 2008.

Comments