Back to Starbucks' Bag of Baking Tricks: Banana Walnut Bread

A few months ago, I was pleasantly surprised when I tried one of the recipes that Starbucks had published to promote the fact that it is now serving "real food," the recipe for their Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie. Last week I finally got around to trying their other published recipe, for Banana Walnut Bread.

This recipe is slightly unusual in that it calls for a small amount (2 tablespoons) of buttermilk. But other than that, it's a pretty typical banana bread recipe (most banana bread recipes are pretty similar, after all). I was a little irritated that it took my loaf 85 minutes to finish baking, as compared to the 45-60 minutes specified in the recipe. The final product was moist and flavorful, and I did like the large of amount of walnuts in the recipe, especially sprinkled on top of the loaf. It was all fine and tasty enough, but nothing particularly special.

Recipe: Banana Walnut Bread from Starbucks.
Previous Post: "Giving the Corporate Machine Credit Where Credit Is Due: the Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie," August 26, 2009.

Comments