Virtual Food and Wine Favors

Tom and I just got back from our honeymoon, a really lovely trip to Barcelona, San Sebastián and Paris. As nice as the trip was, I'm quite happy to be home. The seasons changed while we were away, and fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the crisp air, the falling leaves, and the perfect weather for baking!

But one more wedding-related post before I get back to baking. Months ago, I was struck with some Martha Stewart-type inspiration and I decided to make my own wedding favors. Since I started this blog a little over a year ago, I've taken a photo of almost everything that I've baked. Tom blogs about wine and photographs the labels of a lot of the bottles that he drinks. Since we have a boatload of photos of baked goods and wine labels, I decided to make them into magnets that we could give to our wedding guests.

I bought some clear 7/8-inch square tiles, reprinted small photos of baked goods and wine labels, glued the photos onto the tiles, and affixed rare earth magnets onto the back. We packaged the magnets in sets of six, in small boxes that were stamped with a logo that my cousin Cindy custom-designed for us. I used over 50 different photos of baked goods, so no one got the same set of magnets.

One of the more entertaining aspects of this project was seeing guests open their boxes at the wedding and realizing that some of them happened to receive magnets with pictures of the exact baked goods that they been served in the past. I don't just mean that someone who has tasted my snickerdoodles received a magnet with a picture of a snickerdoodle. I mean that several people who had been guests at small dinners or parties at our house received magnets with photos of the precise cake, souffle, brownies, or cupcakes that have been served at the event they attended.

I hope our guests enjoy the magnets. Making them was a fun little project!

Comments

Tyler Hewitt said…
I love these magnets! They look great on our fridge.
Kelly said…
These are completely awesome! Thanks for sharing the "how-tos", I'm now inspired to make some of my own.

And on an unrelated note, I saw the wedding pictures that Kevin and Buzz took. You looked so beautiful, and the wedding was absolutely lovely. Congratulations!