A Savory Side: Corn Muffins

The annual office picnic was on Wednesday, and sadly, my division was assigned to bring sides and salads this year (I always hate it when we're not assigned to bring dessert). I briefly considered just bringing a dessert anyway, but then I remembered that I do know how to bake a few savory sides. I decided to make some Corn Muffins with Green Onions and Sour Cream. I used to make these muffins regularly at Thanksgiving before I discovered the Cheddar-Chive Scone, which is now my favorite savory baked good.

These muffins are full of corn kernels and green onion, and I always throw in a cup of shredded cheddar cheese into the batter, which I think adds a nice flavor boost. I used to really love this recipe, and while I was happy with the way these came out, I think that the cheddar-chive scone has just ruined me for other savory baked goods. I just can't get terribly excited about these muffins anymore.

Recipe: Corn Muffins with Green Onions and Sour Cream from epicurious.com.
Previous Post: Still Stuck on Scones, August 1, 2008.

Comments