Inaugural Bakextravaganza Part II: Bars

My old apartment had a miniature oven into which I could barely fit a single 9 by 13-inch pan. I'm happy to report that even though my current oven is still pretty small, it will at least fit two 9 by 13-inch pans side by side on a single rack, which makes baking massive quantities of bars a lot easier. (I never like to use two separate racks to bake, since that usually results in uneven browning and unpredictable baking times, even if I rotate the pans and switch racks halfway through. Even baking two pans side by side can have its own challenges... My 9 by 13-inch pans are from different manufacturers and are non-identical. To ensure that I have the same amount of batter in the two pans so that they will finish baking at the same time, I usually pour in the batter and weigh the filled pans, taking into account the fact that one of the pans weighs 240 grams more than the other... I really should suck it up and just buy an identical set of pans!)

The inaugural party baked goods tally was 18 dozen bars, including Raspberry-Filled White Chocolate Bars, Chewy Cherry Almond Bars, Caramel Pecan Bars, Ultimate Lemon Butter Bars, and Midnight Brownie Bites.

Recipes:
Previous Posts:

Comments