Another Day, Another Baby Shower

On Monday, I attended yet another baby shower for my friend Jim's wife Colleen, this one a surprise shower thrown by Jim's work colleagues. It was organized by my friend Adam, a co-worker of Jim's who happened to be the person to interview me when I was applying for a job with DOJ back in law school. (So thanks, Adam, for getting me hired!) Adam told me that he had ordered a chocolate cake for the occasion and asked if I would bring some more baked goods, which of course I was happy to do. Adam specifically requested some New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies after hearing Jim comment how much he liked them during the cabin trip earlier this month.

I also decided to make some Mint Brownies, which are one of Colleen's favorites and her customary request each year on her birthday. I always make these brownies without the nuts, not just because Colleen is allergic, but also because I just don't think they add much. Their chocolately-minty goodness is good enough on its own!

Recipes:
Previous Posts:

Comments