Snack Attack!

I noodled a long time over what topic would be worthy of my premiere posting on Ipso Fatto and decided that if I waited too long that I would never post anything. So, I decided to write about something that always brings a smile to my face and triggers the inner voice that says "I must taste that!" This weekend, I went to a grocery store in Japantown that had an amazing selection of imported treats in a variety of shapes that one would not think would be very cute but turn out quite charming when miniaturized and surrounded by quirky characters: a winking lumberjack standing next to chocolate covered tree stumps, chocolate covered mushrooms sprouting in front of a quaint village, a squirrel holding a chocolate covered bamboo shoot while flashing a toothy grin, etc. In the end, I settled on four packages of Pocky (my tried and true favorite) and a package of "Every Burger".

The little burgers inside were indeed delicious. They tasted a lot like the milk chocolate Pocky but with a hint of toasted sesame seeds provided by the "cheese" on the burger. There was also a slight saltiness (the "sesame seeds" on the bun) to offset the sweetness of the chocolate.

By the way, take it from a fellow lawyer to lived down the hall from littlebakerbunny during law school and who often got to eat the cookies that weren't quite round enough to make the cut (aka, the "irregulars"), her pastries taste as good as they look! I haven't met anybody else who can make tuile cookies filled with chocolate truffle in a communal dorm kitchen!

Comments

What's your favorite flavor of Pocky? I think mine is a tie between strawberry and almond crush. Mmmmmm, partially hydrogenated fat!...
cluckyducky said…
I'd have to say the classic flavor -- the one that comes in the red box. I also like Men's Pocky but mostly because of its name...