More Butter, Please!

I have to remember this week to send in my proofs of purchase for the Land o' Lakes Real Rewards Program. Years ago I started baking with unsalted Land o' Lakes exclusively (except for using Plugra occasionally, but since Plugra doesn't come in sticks, it's a bit of a pain to weigh out and measure), and I was thrilled to learn recently that they had started up a loyalty program. Since I use ridiculous amounts of butter, I was excited to learn that I could get free stuff by sending in proofs of purchase.

Now for some reason, I didn't learn about this program until early February (it's been going on since July 2007). Basically, you get points for sending in proofs of purchase, with different products allocated different point values (a proof of purchase for a pound of butter yields the maximum value of 40 points). You can only earn a limit of 1200 points during the promotion, which ends on June 15. Nonetheless, due to my particularly heavy baking load of late, I have used 25 pounds of Land o' Lakes butter in the last four months (I find that statistic sort of frightening). I can redeem my points for a bamboo cutting board and $20 worth of Land o' Lakes coupons. Too bad I'm going to be going out of town next week, or I could probably use up a few more pounds of butter, and max out my points to get four free movie admissions as well. If only all of my baking ingredient manufacturers had a loyalty program!

Comments

Tyler Hewitt said…
That food looks yummy! You have a knack for finding great food-we're still talking about the places you took us last summer.
I'm guessing that restaurant was named after Momofuku Ando, the inventor of instant noodles.