Ipso Fatto Instant Photo: Alexis Turns Nine

This year my cousin's daughter Alexis had an emoji-themed party for her ninth birthday. I decided to go off-theme for the cake and went with a simple floral design (I used "The Easiest Rose Ever" and "The Easiest Carnation Ever" cutters from FMM Sugarcraft). After I put her name on the front of the cake I thought the cake looked a little bare, so I started applying some small gold embellishments -- and I got a little carried away.
Because Alexis likes chocolate, the cake inside is "Chocolate Heaven with Chocolate Buttercream" from The Back In the Day Bakery Cookbook.

Recipes: "Chocolate Heaven with Chocolate Buttercream" from The Back In the Day Bakery Cookbook by Cheryl Day and Griffith Day, and "Classic Rolled Fondant" from The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum.

Previous Posts:

Comments