Salty. Fudgy. Chocolatey. Sweet!!

I happened to be browsing the Food and Wine website earlier this week when a recipe for Salted Fudge Brownies caught my eye. This was probably due to the fact that last week, someone in the office brought in a tub of Trader Joe's sea salt brownie bites. I tried one, and it was pretty tasty.


I think I'm going to have to put this brownie in my regular baking rotation. The recipe is very easy to put together, the finished bars are beautiful and fudgy with a strong classic chocolate flavor, and the fleur de sel that I used added a distinctive bite. I sprinkled on the salt right before baking and swirled some of it into the batter as directed in the recipe; when I took the finished bars out of the oven, all of the salt that had been on the surface of the batter was melted into the brownies. I don't think you could get brownies like the ones in the picture that accompanies the recipe on the Food & Wine website -- covered in flakes of salt -- unless you sprinkled on a lot of salt after you take the brownies out of the oven.

I am really digging this salty-sweet trend that is becoming all the rage...

Recipe: "Salted Fudge Brownies" from Food & Wine.

Comments