Baked Sunday Mornings: Good Morning Sunshine Bars

One of the first recipes I tried from Baked Elements was the "Good Mornings Sunshine Bars." They are similar to a Rice Krispies treat, except they're made with Chex and they also have peanuts, peanut butter, and milk chocolate. The first time I made the bars, I liked them but I didn't love them -- the flavors were delicious but the texture was a bit dense, and I wondered what the bars might taste like if I made them with Rice Krispies instead.

So when the recipe came up on the Baked Sunday Mornings schedule this week, I decided to try the bars with Rice Krispies. And I loved them.

I am a huge fan of Chex and I will eat them right out of the box by the handful -- but in these bars, I prefer the light, airy texture of the Rice Krispies, especially given the richness of the peanut butter and chocolate. Then again, I don't think I ever met a Rice Krispies treat I didn't love, including the amazing Peanut Butter Krispy Bars from Baked (and let's not forget the amazing carmelized crispies in the Malted Crisp Tart from Baked Explorations).

Recipe: "Good Morning Sunshine Bars" from Baked Elements: Our 10 Favorite Ingredients, by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, recipe available here at Baked Sunday Mornings.

Previous Posts:

Comments

Anonymous said…
I made mine with Chex, but I think I'll have to try Rice Krispies sometime, since these look so airy and light!
Chelly said…
You did exactly what I wanted to do! If I do these again I will use Rice Krispies!
Unknown said…
I loved them with the Chex since I'm not a Rice Krispies fan, but they definitely lend themselves to lots of alternatives. Nice job!
Very nice. I used Crispex cereal, as the only Chex in the aisle were honey nut...though I guess those would have worked too.
Anonymous said…
I eat that was a delicious Rice Krispie treat!!
Unknown said…
Good call on the Rice Krispies!! I'll have to remember that next time I have a half a box lying around!
Susan said…
Your bars look bakery-perfect!
Anonymous said…
MMmmmm great idea with the rice krispies, that sounds really tasty!
Anonymous said…
Ooooh, I *love* that idea! I'll have to try this Rice Krispies variation-- they look totally scrumptious! :)