Baked Sunday Mornings: Buckeyes

This week's assignment for Baked Sunday Mornings is a recipe that I made a few months ago and didn't have time to make again -- buckeyes.  You can read my prior post about them here.  The bottom line is that I thought they were pretty terrific.

Recipe: "Buckeyes," from Baked Explorations: Classic American Desserts Reinvented, by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, recipe available here at Baked Sunday Mornings.

Previous Post: "Long Live Peanut Butter and Chocolate!: My Own Buckeye Battle Cry," May 19, 2011.

Comments

Elaine said…
Your buckeyes look perfect! After messing around and making a mess with trying to use a skewer I ended up using an egg dipper which worked much better, but if make these again I will look for a spiral dipping tool. Lovely job! Happy Holidays!
Rebecca said…
Yours are so beautiful. I will have to look for a spiral dipping tool because I did it with a fork and it was a challenge!
Bourbonnatrix said…
seriously, they look perfect! i gave up on mine, pressed the peanut butter mixture into a pan, poured chocolate all over that, and plan to cut them into squares ;)
Chelly said…
Your creations always are perfection and these are right on target. Beautiful job!
mike509 said…
I'd say they were perfect - a little dicey to dip but I loved the contrast and not convering them completely. Stunning!
Candy said…
Gorgeous! I love the puddle of chocolate at the base of each candy.
Susan said…
Your Buckeyes turned out great! My family loved them.

Have a wonderful Christmas!