Going Nuts for Brownies

On Monday afternoon as I was pondering what I was going to bake for the office this week, I was inspired by the supersize jars of Planters roasted peanuts that Tom and I recently bought on impulse at Target. I thought of a brownie recipe I've made a few times that calls for peanuts, Peanut Butter and Fudge Brownies with Salted Peanuts. I haven't made these particular brownies in over a year, so I thought maybe it was about time to revisit the recipe.

This recipe is pretty straightforward, although it is slightly time consuming, since you have to wait for the brownie to cool before you can add the peanut butter frosting and chocolate ganache layers, and then you have to wait some more for the ganache to set up in the fridge before you can cut the bars.

The finished bars are beautiful, although I was a little underwhelmed with the taste this time around. I thought that the chocolate flavor of the brownie was a little blah; I seem to remember them being more chocolately and fudgy when I've made the bars in the past. Still, it's a not a bad brownie for fans of chocolate and peanut butter.

Recipe: Peanut Butter and Fudge Brownies with Salted Peanuts from epicurious.com.

Comments